Patio covers have become quite a popular backyard accessory over the years as homeowners are looking to improve their outdoor space. Patio covers help provide sun and rain protection that will allow you and your family more comfortable time outside, even when the weather isn’t that great. Patio covers in Shreveport, LA also keep your furniture and other patio furnishings dry, preserving them for much longer.
As you can see, patio covers offer tons of benefits for homeowners, but what if we told you, you could do even better? Well you can: it’s called insulated patio covers. Insulated patio covers are similar to regular patio covers, but offer more protection due to a piece of insulation in the middle of two pieces of patio cover material.
Why choose insulated over non-insulated?
Insulated patio covers tend to be more ideal over their non-insulated counterparts because using an insulated patio cover offers a year-round patio experience as opposed to weather-dependent usage. Looking to be out on your patio in the dead of winter? Insulated patio covers will help keep your patio warm and comfortable during the chilly winter months. Or what about those scorching summer months? Insulated patio covers will assist your air conditioning system in maintaining a cooler temperate on the patio during those long, hot days—providing patio usage all year round!
The insulation that makes up these covers consists of foam sheets that are placed between the two panels of patio covering. In making patio covers like this, not only are you able to have the convenience of using your patio year round, but you also get to save on your energy bills! The insulation design enhances the patio’s effectiveness as a weather deterrent to keep your temperatures consistent and your bills low.
Most popular insulated option
The most popular choice for insulated patio cover material is aluminum. Why?
- Aluminum is a lightweight, non-toxic option that will last for many years due to the high durability of aluminum.
- Aluminum is a much less expensive material to purchase and work with as opposed to the wood or metal cover options.
- Aluminum also comes in an array of different colors, designs and finishes to ensure you can achieve the look you are going for.
- Aluminum requires very little maintenance. The only maintenance required is a gentle cleaning every so often. All you need to do is take a broom and some cleaning solution to it and it will look as good as new!
- Aluminum can be purchased with a laminate finish in order to provide extra resistance against harsh weather conditions.
When it comes down to it, we are always looking for ways to enhance our homes but save money at the same time and insulated patio covers do both of those things for us. We are able to use the patio year-round as well as save on our energy bills, that’s definitely the best of both worlds!
Categorised in: Patio Covers